WE´D LOVE TO HEAR from you
Contact Wainui Seaside Glamping
Thank you for visiting. We’d love to chat so send a text or call us on 0274 903 819 and let’s talk about your glamping getaway! Or email email@example.com
We’ve shared below our “Frequently Asked Questions” or FAQ’s to help answer general enquiries. If you do not find an answer to your question please use the contact form below or feel free to text or call anytime.
Thanks, we look forward to talking with you soon!
Contact us via our Social Platforms Below…
GOT QUESTIONS? WE´VE GOT ANSWERES!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Arrival & Departure Times?
Checkin is between 3pm-6pm or other time by arrangement.
Checkout is between 9am and 10:30 am.
To make sure we can be available to welcome and farewell you, and transport your gear to the location we need an eta 24-hours before. If your plans change please notify us asap so we’re available when needed.
What is the Minimum Night stay?
There is a minimum 2-night stay off-peak. Labour Weekend, Auckland Anniversary Weekend, Easter, Christmas and New Year have a 3-night minimum stay.
Is there a Minimum Night Stay for Public Holiday weekends?
The minimum booking period for long weekends such as Labour Weekend, Anniversary Weekend, etc is 3-nights. The minimum booking period for Easter is 4-nights. There are sometimes longer minimum stay periods across Christmas and New Year and these will be specified in the online calendar.
Is there Parking?
Off-road parking is available. For safety reasons, guests and their belongings will be escorted down to from their car on arrival and departure.
Each venue is a 5 minute 300m walk downhill. Guests must be of reasonable fitness to be able to walk up and down the private track during their stay. We do not permit vehicles to drive down our farm road.
Can we Swim in the Harbour?
Yes. Ohiwa harbour is tidal so you’ll need to time your swim. The water is roughly 1m deep in the area to the front of the campsite and around Uretara Island. At low tide you can enjoy a beautiful walk around to Gee’s Beach which is a 40 minute easy flat return walk. Keep water safe at all times.
What can We do Onsite during Our Stay?
A selection of brochures are available for your perusal.
- Enjoy a kayak or a swim in the water right on your doorstep.
- Enjoy an evening soak in a hot bath under the stars.
- Fishing from the kayak. Bring your rod and gear.
- Take a walk around the adjoining Ohiwa harbour.
- Play board games or read a guest book.
- Enjoy the bird life around you.
- Or kickback and relax.
Is breakfast provided or do we bring our own?
You’ll need to bring your own breakfast and food. A few basics are provided complimentary for you, including tea, coffee, milk, salt & pepper, and cooking oil.
What is your Policy for Alcohol, Smoking/Vaping, and Party/Celebrations?
People come here to relax, breathe the fresh air, and enjoy the peace and quiet, therefore Wainui Seaside Glamping has the following policy:
- No smoking,
- No vaping or vapor smoking.
- No drugs recreational or other.
- No excessive drinking.
- No parties or excessive noise.
Can we have a Campfire or use Candles?
No Campfires and No Candles. Wainui Seaside Glamping takes Fire Safety seriously. By confirming the Booking the signatory and associated parties accept full liability for any damage resulting from any of the below conditions not being met:
- Smoking and the lighting of candles or external fires are not permitted anywhere on the property due to the risk of fire.
- The fireplace is not permitted for use during fire restriction periods: between December and March. We are surrounded by native trees and have a high risk zone for rural fires between this period.
- No candles, smoking, drugs of any substance, vaping (vapor smoking) or excessive drinking is permitted on the property.
- Fireplace Instructions are available in each location on how to use safely. Follow these guidelines to ensure personal safety at all times.
- Each location has a smoke alarm and fitted, and fire extinguishers.
- Barnie Fire extinguishers are located at each end of the Barn building internally, and another is placed outside by the solar equipment.
- Ataahua Ruru Fire extinguishers are located either side of the fireplace, and inside the kitchen cabin. The tent also has a carbon monoxide detector.
Can I purchase a Gift Voucher?
Wainui Seaside Glamping bookings are processed through Canopy Camping NZ. They are able to assist you with a Gift Voucher. Please visit Canopy Camping Gift Vouchers here.
What do We Need to Bring?
Below is a list of items you’ll want to bring:
- Toiletries, Sunscreen, and personal items.
- Light comfortable clothing for summer days.
- Warm clothing so you can enjoy the outdoors and watch the stars at night.
- Food and Drinks so you can stay and relax. Or take advantage of our local cafes.
- Umbrella in case of rain.
- Torches. A head torch is best.
- Slippers, Jandals, & tramping shoes.
For winter stays also bring:
- Winter thermals including socks, hats, scarves and warm clothing so you can enjoy the outdoors and watch the stars at night.
- Gumboots and practical shoes to keep your feet warm, dry and safe.
Is there Mobile Coverage or Internet Access?
Major networks are available however signal strength may mean you need to stand on a ridge for good coverage depending on your network provider.
We strive to provide guests a low EMF site meaning we have our phones on air plane mode. By design we have no TV, WIFI/internet service, or other electronic distractions. Enjoy the peace and quiet, sleep well and notice the world around you.
What do we do with our Recycling?
Guests are asked to take all recycling material with them at the end of their stay. Being rural we have no collection services. Thank you.
What can we do locally?
Can We Bring our Dog?
Yes! Dogs are welcome providing the following conditions are adhered to at all times, to ensure your stay and future guests stay is a positive experience:
- One dog only – this is in consideration of the local wildlife and is non-negotiable.
- Advise during the online Booking if you are bringing your dog and let us know in notes your dogs name, and breed.
- To not allow dogs in any building if they have a tendency to scent.
- Ensure your dog is clean before arriving.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead 100% of the time due to the birdlife and access to the harbour as wandering dogs could venture into out-of-bound areas.
- Dogs are not permitted on furniture or bedding and dogs must be crated at night.
- Dog bedding/crate must be brought so the dog has its own dog bedding. We maintain a very high standard of hygiene and presentation for our friends so we ask dog owners put the dogs bedding on the floor where they will be sitting. This will avoid the risk of carpet mats being soiled.
- Dogs are not permitted unattended in any buildings at any time.
- Dog poo is collected and disposed of safely. It is the guests responsibility to cleanup. A pooper scooper is available for your use near the compost bin.
- Wet dogs are not permitted inside any building. Bring dog towels for your dog.
Personal Safety & Privacy - Can we have Visitors?
No visitors are permitted. To ensure safety and the privacy of guests and the owners we limit access to guests only.
Wainui Seaside Glamping is a small lifestyle property where natural and man-made hazards do exist. Guests accept that they enter the property at their own risk during their stay.
Participation in activities such as, outdoor baths, climbing trees, walking on the property and any other activity on the property is the responsibility of the guest and is done so at their own risk.
Wainui Seaside Glamping accept no liability for accident, loss of property or personal injury whilst on the guests stay.
What are the bedding and linen arrangements?
Each venue is perfect for a couple, with a queen-sized bed fitted with commercially laundered linen and towels are provided excluding beach towels.
How many can stay in each location?
Each venue is perfect for a couple, (2 Adults shared).
Playing Safe in the Water
Check tidal information before walking around the estuary.
If you chose to use the kayaks maritime boat safety rules apply. Watch this video and visit Maritime New Zealand to keep safe on the water.
Be aware of the water and the risks it poses. Do not enter the water if you have been drinking alcohol, are exhausted, or unwell.
If you experience any of the following, you should evacuate immediately and get yourself to highground (carpark):
- Feel an earthquake that is long or strong.
- See sudden changes in sea level.
- Hear unusual noises, like a jet plane, coming from the ocean.
Life Jackets are available along with seats for the kayaks. If you have your own we recommend you bring and wear these to ensure a good fit. Kayaks, paddles, life jackets and equipment must be stored where found and rinsed down and clean to ensure they remain in good condition and are clean for the next user. A hose can be found at the rear of each location. Dry off before storing inside.
If you have difficulty moving the kayaks please ask for assistance.
By using the kayaks you agree to our terms, conditions and procedures on safely and liabilities.
Still have questions? Fill out the form, press send and go, and let’s chat!